Monday, January 19, 2009

Good Day

It was an incredibly productive day. After a weekend that was, well, not horrible, just hormone riddled mixed up with a bit of cabin fever. I managed to get hours in my studio this morning and the afternoon and cleaned the house, did two loads of laundry, shovelled (twice) and walked the dog. It's been snowing lightly for the last few days. Sometimes it's a little harder, sometimes it's like fairy dust. I just let the dogs in from their evening outing in the yard and it looked like they had diamonds in their fur. See, I said to myself, there are some nice aspects to winter. It also wasn't too cold today, if you were dressed for it.

But down to the nitty gritty. Here's my Riley photo for yesterday, it's the full Sunday morning sprawl in the armchair, watching cartoons - you can tell by the blank look on his face:



and another for today. Remember the slinky?!:



Here's a shot of a journal page I did for Emily's question number 1. I did start the questions on tags, but had so much more to say than what would fit on a tag, so it morphed into a journal page. This was done in my moleskine journal, I gessoed the pages first which turned out to be a good thing as today I primed the next two pages without gesso and almost wore through to the other side:


And one last shot, albeit a poor one. I should have set up the tripod but, you know how it is. It's some chickens I've been plugging away at for a bit, finally felt like I was getting somewhere today. It's on acrylic paper - a first for me, although I'm not crazy about the texture, it has very rough canvas kind of finish on it:

And is if THAT wasn't enough. I heard from AKR about my application as Ambassador of Lovely. Unfortunately there was a glut of applicants but was asked to be part of the Department of Immense. Naturally I accepted, I feel quite honored.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm so glad you had such a great day - it was badly needed! Love the fact you got some art done, you lucky lady. Life is good.

Snap said...

You've been busy! I'm really enjoying Riley's pictures. Congratulations on being part of the Department of Immense! I like both of your projects - the journal page and the chickens. I've been working on chickens, too. Synchronicity or woo woo?!!!!