Saturday, March 14, 2009

Owl Progression

I thought I had more photos of this in its metamorphosis. Sometimes I take pictures because it helps me see it from a different perspective while I'm working on it. I think in this case I was working on so many different things, and being sick and tending to a sick child, I kind of lost the thread. So in three stills, here's the thread of Owl Owl. Personally I think I need to lose a lot of the pink. So many of my bigger pieces go through an incredibly helpless, unsave-able, butt-ugly phase, so I haven't lost all hope for this one yet. I do like a lot of the humor that has crept up inside. Collage, acrylics, ink, masks, caran d'ache sticks on 9 3/4 x 14 acrylic paper.


Despite being a morning with no alarm, I woke at 5:12 and was unable to go back to sleep. I tried for about an hour, then gave up. I have been on my feet since then with the exception of a bit of time to eat my three meals. And going steadily. So I'm quite tired now. Hopefully tomorrow will be a morning when both Riley and I sleep in a bit. He was quite unlike himself today, rather annoying at times AND has a lymph node poking out of his collar bone area which is rather painful. I'm hoping he's just fighting a common virus and not something that is going to put a cramp in our upcoming vacation, or - worse.

4 comments:

Snap said...

I quite like OwlOwl ...but owls are one of my favorite birds so that may have something to do with it! ;)

I think Pema Chodron is the *cat's pajamas* (as granny would have said). I love her voice and her sense of humor.

Hope Riley is ok and your trip comes off without a hitch.

Brenda said...

I like your collage OwlOwl, it is a little pink, but I still like it - I like pink, so there! Hope Riley is going to be OK.

oreneta said...

Thanks for posting that...neat to see the progression.

Beth said...

Don’t know if this was intentional or not but I like the capitalized CUS in cirCUS. (Because life is also the cause for a lot of cuss words to be uttered!)

My sister had an enlarged lymph node about a week after getting over a nasty respiratory infection. The doctor said it was part and parcel of the infection and that it would go away. It did. But maybe you should have Riley’s checked?