Tuesday, June 30, 2009

ABC

A while back I fell upon the ABC's of Me Art Journal Prompt. It's a site that on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month, gives a letter prompt. I imagine it started at the beginning of this calendar year as I discovered it at the letter "j", the word prompt being "just". I didn't do anything with it except cogitate, then before I knew it "k" and "karma" were up. Again, I got busy with other stuff. Then "l" came along with "look" and I felt a twinge. I rather like this one. I had a piece of watercolor paper that was a miserable mess so I turned it over and worked the back. It's an odd size - 7 x 9 1/2 - odd because I was looking to frame something else I did on another piece of paper from the same block and there is nothing standard about the size. But it appeals to me, quite possibly because it is odd. Have I blithered on enough?

I was experimenting with diluted bleach on photographs, at the same time inspired by the Queen of Arts self portraits. This is truly mixed media, I think there is everything on this one.

4 comments:

Snap said...

I like it ... texture ...

Kim Mailhot said...

Oooh, you are on to something juicy here, Kim ! I like the LOOk !;)

Keep up the wonderful play !

Sherry said...

Look! I see you!! I love that join in with prompts, even if you didn't start at the beginning. So many (probably myself included!) would just say "oh skip it, it already started", but you just jump in when you are ready and something strikes a spark...I think that's amazing!

WrightStuff said...

I love the texture too - it's especially good when viewed as a bigger picture, so much to see. Very cool!