Monday, June 1, 2009

June Calendar Page

It's a horrible shot, even though taken outside or perhaps because it was taken outside. I was so happy to see the sun, I couldn't help myself but there is too much glare for the gloss of the photo. Nevertheless, it was taken last year from the scruffy corner of my yard, the corner I haven't done anything with yet where the weeds grow rampant. I believe these are weeds although they are pretty. I'm glad they blew and grew there. Quotes are: "Life isn't about how to survive the storms, but how to dance in the rain." (I neglected to mark down where I found that) and from the Dalai Lama, "Be kind when it is possible. It is always possible." It's a good thing I'm going to be reminded of that daily.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I have always tried to live by the words, "Be kind" and taught my children to do so as well.
I really love the "extra" from the Dalai Lama. New motto for me.

laughingwolf said...

since when is the daisy a 'weed'?

good words to live by :)

Snap said...

Goodness. I read your latest posts ... sounds like the universe is trying to tell you something, but what?!!! Half a bill -- yikes! Be kind. Be CALM!