Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Goldilocks and the Three Stalls

Maybe you can see where I am going with this. For the purposes of this narration, I am playing the part of Goldilocks. This is a true story. And I am sorry if I offend any one's sensibilities.

Goldilocks was finishing her work day and knew she had to take a trip to the loo before heading out into the cold for a long and snowy commute home. With the pass key to gain admittance, she opens her usual stall door. "Oh no!" she says. "I can't use this loo. This loo is stinky AND has not been flushed!"

Bang, goes the door to the stall next to her usual one. "Oh no!" she exclaims. "I can't use this loo. This loo has pee on the seat!"

Bang, goes the door to the stall next to the one that is next to her usual one. "Ah," she says with relief. "This loo is just right."

The End

Honestly, I can not fathom why people leave toilets in such horrible states. Why not flush?! Do they want the next user to admire their fibre intake? Why not wipe the seat if they splatter? Did they grow up in a barn? I can understand an urgent need to get IN to the stall. I can not understand an urgent need to get OUT of one, leaving as if there is a fire in the building. And these aren't "public toilets" where just anyone off the street can wander in. These are locked down toilets in an office complex. I live and work amongst heathens.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Kim you are sooo funny. It's true though. My bug bear is not only what you mentioned but people too lazy to replace the toilet paper onto the holder - I mean, how hard is it????