Saturday, September 5, 2009

It's All In The Numbers

Wow. I've had so many birthday wishes both here and at home, it's fantastic. This is the first year I've really tooted my own horn about it being my birthday though, so I guess I've invited a lot more joy into my life than I have in the past. In a few words, thank you to all who took the time to leave me a comment or email me or call. Each connection made me feel special. Here's what 49 looks like:

And it's my 500'th day of keeping a gratitude journal. Who knew? When I started it wasn't to count, more than my blessings every day at any rate. Numbers, shmumbers. It's in the doing, the living, the acknowledging and receiving that life is remarkable.

6 comments:

Beth said...

49 looks beautiful!
Belated Happy Birthday.
Wishing you more joy and more blessings in your life (and no computer viruses...).

Kim Mailhot said...

49 is looking fine !!!
I am one of those people who promotes my birthday a good month in advance ! I actually have a birthday festival rather than just a day so that all the circles in my life get to celebrate with me.
"Acknowledging and receiving that life is remarkable" - now there is something to celebrate !

Snap said...

Keep a look out. A little something on the way.

I think 49 looks beautiful!

oreneta said...

49 looks pretty darned good!

Sherry said...

I think 49 looks amazingly beautiful. I'm glad you've had such a good birthday love in!!!

A Life Less Complicated said...

Gorgeous! :)

I love the idea of a gratitude journal. Several weeks ago I started a weekly feature "Things That Made Me Happy This Week", and I'm so happy that I did. I makes me stop and think about the past week, and realize that it's not usually stuff that makes me happy, it's people and experiences.