Thursday, February 4, 2010

Unwell

I am unwell. It started yesterday at work. At first it was a suspicious thought - uh oh, am I? I think I am... And an hour later it was - yup, definitely, I am. So I trotted downstairs to the pharmacy and bought a bottle of Cold FX. I am currently in the accelerated phase of this virus where I feel like absolute crap, throat on fire, achey, murky eyes, slight nausea, able to sleep if I even think about lying down. Which all makes sense because earlier this week I came down off a pretty stressful situation in which I had to let something important go. So I might disappear for a couple of days. Or a miracle might happen and I'll be back on top of my world tomorrow.

9 comments:

Beth said...

I hope the miracle happens. If not, baby yourself.
Why, when we recognize we’re in a stressful situation, can we not control what it does to our bodies? What good is all this mindful breathing and meditation? Or maybe we’d be worse without them?
Take care.

Sherry said...

Pamper yourself, treat yourself well...lots of liquids and rest, rest, rest. Whatever has happened that was so stressful, that you had to let go, I hope you are at peace with that. (((Kim))) -- holding you in a hug, offering a cup of lovely herbal tea and sending wishes that you heal and recover quickly. xo

Kim Mailhot said...

I got to thinking about prevention as I read your post. Imagine if we learned to take good care of ourselves all the time so that when we had a stressful situation, we had all the "physical" strength to get through it without getting sick ?
I don't know. I do know that your wonderful body is telling you exactly what is needs. Be good to yourself. You deserve it. You did it ! Now rest and recover...
Big love and more hugs !

oreneta said...

Good luck, I am on the tail end of a two week + cold. blech. My sympathies.

Snap said...

Treat yourself well. Get under those blankets and hibernate.

Hugs--

Mike Minzes said...

Rest well. I hope you feel better

Unknown said...

Chicken soup, bubbamyacin, Jewish pencillin, ruby red grapefruit juice, hot compresses to the nose and forehead, bed rest and in seven days or a week, you'll feel better. Huge hugs~

beth said...

ohhhh I hope those cold meds work fast....although your body probably needs the rest....like a signal to slow down, you know ?

hang in there....

Brenda said...

So sorry to hear you are not well. Rest, rest and more rest, and lots of fluids and you'll be back to good as new in no time at all. Healing thoughts coming your way.