Thursday, July 5, 2012

Where I've Been


Here and there.  Not here-here.  But here in my life.


I have been leaving some of the Rock Fairy's messages behind




wishing Anne Lamott would write another book about her spiritual journey because I could use her insights and humour right now.


 So much change, some welcome and some not so welcome.  I am trying to go with the flow, open my heart and let it all in and out,


astonished at how often I stop and wonder, "how can I still be finding my way?"


To paraphrase the Wild  Jane Cunningham, I have been trading in nice for real.


 I have not been using my camera much, feeling worn and tattered with looking at myself through a lens.


Discovering that nothing good ever comes when someone starts a sentence with, "Do me a favour...".


I have been disappointed in the way Keen handled my complaint after a pair of their sandals fell apart after a few short weeks of light wear.  I'm back to my old trusty Nike flip flops, still spongy after all these years.


I have also been living without a watch for about a month now, observing how, although I am still bound by schedule and time, I am letting the minutes and hours pass by themselves, as they will.  It is not a little disorienting.

I have been meeting my shadow face to face and battling it instead of embracing it and holding it close to let it cry itself out.  I have been remembering why I left old habits behind, feeling my crustiness tumble over the colour of my soul


and gratitude in the magic that has appeared.




6 comments:

Sherry said...

You are on a journey and you are discovering and unearthing and being and living. Your words are inspiring. And I'm sorry that your shoes did not hold up and Keen did not respond appropriately. But all hail Nike...and take their advice, "just do it". Wishing you a wonder filled summer with the R man.

Roos said...

Going without a watch for a while now too - quite liberating (although I keep checking my iPhone for everything and anything now, that's my downside)...
Good to see your grounded feet again!!

Ellena said...

Good, you finally made it back to us.
So, at the moment you are not counting up or down to some event but just focusing on being you in the now. Great!
Can't wait to meet one of your Rock Fairies. Unlike a Fortune Coockie, I won't have to eat the tree or the grass surrounding it.

Anonymous said...

I've been gone for awhile too, but when I came back YOU were gone. So, I am glad to see you back on my blog list because eventhough I only just virtually met you (what seems like) a few months ago, I feel you are a kindred spirit and I get you. And I enjoy seeing your posts and reading your thoughts and ponderings and prose. And I adore the rock messages.

Cheryl said...

I guess Keen wasn't so much. I hate companies like that. Thanks for the warning. I'm glad you're back. I've missed you and your wonderful photos.

Kim Mailhot said...

Hello there, my Friend. Nice to hear your voice here. I have missed you.
Living the life, moving forward, taking change as it comes and listening to your inner clock...doesn't sound too bad!
Sending you love and wishes for peaceful moments by the bushel.