Sunday, June 6, 2010

When you've got your health

The saying goes, when you've got your health, you've got everything. I used to think that was a wise saying but now I've expanded it to include mental and emotional health. These last few days have found me just that little bit lighter, little bit happier but it's all it takes. I am feeling a balanced kind of happy at the moment. It's hard to put into words.

We woke to rain and cool temperatures this morning but it didn't deter us from our walk. We shortened it, ending up at the playground where Riley left his rock.

And what's a rainy day without some puddle action?


Sometimes the events in life have the opposite effect on me than expected. The last few months I have been overwhelmed by loss and grief regardless of the abundance and possibilities in my life. And then when I got news that my dear friend and mentor, Celeste, left her earth body, after absorbing the fact and getting over the shock, I felt inspired and have been able to look at the truth of impermanence with a little less fear. Just a little, mind you. In another act of universal synchronicity, last week Karen Maezen Miller wrote this poignant piece on the subject of impermanence here.

2 comments:

oreneta said...

Those are most impressive puddles! What fun. Health is good. I would feel healthier if I got more sleep. So easy to loose.

Kim Mailhot said...

I love that you captured that moment in the puddle take way ! Impermanent but beautiful.