Friday, December 28, 2012

On pictures and words

I have been gone so long, this place feels very unfamiliar to me now.  I have been transmuting and shifting along with my Soul Sisters and the Universe and it's all good.

Have you made any new year's resolutions yet or chosen your word for the coming year?  My only resolution is to invest in some new underwear (you really don't want to ask....)  Last year's words, "No" and "Me" really played out in my life in a strange way which is why I hesitate to say that lately, "Letting Go" keeps coming to me as my theme/mantra for the closing out of 2012 and the welcoming in of 2013.  But it's all good.

And speaking of good, we received a good amount of snow yesterday, breaking a record that held since 1969.


Here is a shot of my sidewalk -


that's it - the giant holes leading horizontally in the shadows.  And behind the sidewalk is the hole my car sat in for most of the day.  Now, you can even see a bit of road beyond the car hole.  But I think I like this shot taken by someone else in the city more


Today the sun is shining and nothing says Day After The Storm more than birds at the feeders







In a short few minutes I counted cardinals, red polls, finches, chickadees, sparrows, wood peckers and nut hatches before the greedy starlings came in to clean out the lot and help the fat squirrels underneath to glean the leavings.


And after the storm I find myself still at a loss for words, where I am to put myself out "there", to share and be seen.  I am finding rich inner layers and my own tribe within myself - my archetypes vying for equal time whilst I navigate this galactic shift and where I sit within it from moment to moment.

At this time last year I was yearning deeply for a tribe and now I can say that I did find an incredible virtual tribe of Soul Sisters as well as a local monthly meditation group, both of which have poured a balm over my open wounds, seen me through, cheered me on and held me in deep prayer as I navigated my waters of change, of my own story.  I feel incredibly blessed.

8 comments:

oreneta said...

Lovely to hear from you again! What a whole lot of snow that is! Glad the birds are getting some food too...they must need it with all that white stuff covering everything.

Happy New Year while I'm at it!

thecatalanway said...

I am soooooo happy for you! To find a tribe - inner and outside is like coming home. totally understand those things that are beyond words - for the moment! And thank you for coming here to wave at us all.
Those birds are wonderful - I can't imagine having a little red thing like that in my everyday life. Great photos too.
Lots of love and blessings for the coming - exciting - new year Kate xxx

Snap said...

YeeHaw!!!!

oxox

Ellena said...

My short symphony of wishes for you:
Dreams, magical moments, health and loved ones to share them with.

Cheryl said...

Wishing you the best of the best for thirteen. Keeping in mind that it is extremely good luck in the Jewish religion, may we all experience good health, knowledge, and fantabulous memories!

Kim Mailhot said...

So golad that you have found a tribe to journey with, Kimmypoo. There is such comfort in that.
I wish you a 2013 full of clarity, deep letting go and love, love, love !

Claire said...

great words and pics!
and i'm sooooo glad you've found a tribe! i'm still searching...
wishing all that is good in 2013 :o)
much love xx

Sherry said...

I feel incredibly blessed to know you and to have spent 2012 with you -- ups & downs and everything in between. I look forward so much to 2013 and with intention -- spending time with you -- but if you don't mind, I'll wait until all that snow is gone!! You really DID get hit harder than we did. UGH!!!!

I love your bird photos -- they make me smile and even that cheeky squirrel deserves some of the goodies you put out. I'm feeling that generous today!

Wishing you a new year that is filled with pleasant surprises and continued love and support from your tribe. xoxox