Saturday, November 26, 2011

Virtual Vermut

Saturday, Saturday where's my glass? Ah, there it is.

If we were meeting for vermut this afternoon I would laugh and say that having missed Virtual Coffee the last two weeks in a row I hope it isn't reflecting on my character that I managed to get to Virtual Vermut.

If we were meeting for vermut this afternoon I would have cobwebs in my hair and dust under my nails having spent a good part of the afternoon cleaning up Riley's corner of the art studio.


Someone call 1-800-hoarders for me, would you? At least the state of my corner can be explained by hiding Christmas presents, the work I bring home from the office and ...and...

So if we were meeting for vermut today I would say that it is the little stuff that will finish me off. Kids, especially boys, seem to have so much of the "little" things like lego and go-gos and bits of glue and stones and twigs - all of which are absolute irreplaceable treasures, the quantity of which can make me crazy.

If we were meeting for vermut I would show you the state of my foot after another night of using the "bananas" at karate.

And because it involves a foot you would laugh until the vermut came out of your nose since there is nothing quite like an injured foot to bring on the laughter. But I would have the last laugh because just about all of my Christmas shopping is done, including the stocking stuffers. All I have left are the requisite gift cards, cash and living gifts to seal up. Do you know it is now less than one month until the big day? I confess I did a lot of online shopping this year and I love coming home to packages at the door, even if they aren't for me.

If we were meeting for vermut today I would show you a picture I took from the office window on Wednesday.

And of our first snowman this season.


But I would be lying if I said I was sad to see it all melt these last two days. I did seize the moment for a big clean up in the backyard because dog poop is so much easier to see and pick up on a frozen white surface.

If I poured myself another glass I might share with you the thought that sometimes I get the feeling that some people like me far more than they should and that feeling makes me fall into a hole where I try to be who they think I am but my truth is I need to be more like myself. And I would ask you if you felt the same way. And you would probably roll your eyes and wonder out loud if I am ever going to use any of the other effects and frames on the Picnik site other than the polaroid one. Which would make me say, let's go over to Kate's at The Catalan Way and see if she has any ice as this vermut seems to be going to my head.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Glad I dropped by. Brought a smile to my face.

thecatalanway said...

Hey you! I like you because you are YOU! Hope that doesn't make you feel you have to be YOU all the time (if you see what I mean) Just relax and you'll be that person. But I also do understand exactly what you mean.
Sorry if this is sounding crazy but I too although not a small boy am being driven crazy by the small things. Now the house is clear of almost all the big stuff, and the middling stuff, and all that is left is the small stuff which is entirely down to me because I collected feathers and stones and little bottles of remedies and goodness knows what elsea but it is sitting here in PILES. I hate piles but I can't seem to get rid of them. I only move them from one place to another.
Oh well, this is turning into my vermut right here on your blog. Sorry - I really will try to do one soon. Today I had two whiskys so perhaps being here in the UK I need to do virtual whisky while things are feeling so fraught.
WEll done for the dog poo - can't believe it is snowing with you already. Wow.
Well that's all for now - take care and keep warm love K xx

Ellena said...

There is a bit of ice on my patio. Do you want it inside your glass or on your forehead?
And, if you were not who you are I would not be reading your blog.

Kim Mailhot said...

I don't know if I like you far more than I should, but I do know that I like you a heck of a lot. Heck, I even love that perfectly imperfect Chicklet that you are!

The fact that you are all done the Christmas stuff makes me hate you just a little though. ;0)
Nice to hear your voice here, my Friend. Night, night!

Beth said...

“To prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet…” T. S. Eliot
I’ve come to believe that the different “Beths” I present to the world all add up to who I am. I think we all do a bit of role-playing – and save the “best” for the best! (perhaps I’m missing your point.)

Nearly all your Christmas shopping done? Argh…

Lis said...

Well, my jaw is bruised from hitting the desk top after learning you are finished with holiday shopping! Yes, take another healthy sip of your vermut as you relax back into your chair knowing I haven't even BEGUN to think about presents much less shop!

Sigh.

And I am here to tell you ... girls hoard the same "treasures" - thank goodness we are out of our bottle cap phase (although I still find some tucked away, my girl knowing I would not keep them so she hid them on the sly ...) Riley's work space is impressive - as is yours!

And I feel very Bridget Jonesish saying: I like you ... just as you are ... "don't go changing, to try and please me ..."

xo Lis

oreneta said...

bananas? You hurt your foot while karate chopping bananas? What on earth is going on over there?????