Saturday, October 27, 2012

On Gratitude, part 153

This week I was gifted with so much; through my friendships, lessons, inner evaluations, many of which drew tears.  I would like to share with you some gratitude that has made me pause this week.  

I harvested the last crop of mint from our garden



witnessed mushrooms in unexpected places



watched this thumbergia plant flower over and over again despite the calendar date.



I received this Frida Kahlo necklace as a gift from Sherry, my fellow Frida persona with who(m?) I share a reciprocal adoration  and who makes life more real for me on a day-to-day basis in so many unexplainable ways


I watched this spider catch many flies, grateful he stationed himself far *enough* from my house to enjoy observing him and his ways


Another extraordinary event that happened was that I was gifted a spot in Anne-Marie Bennett's next Soul Collage class, something that I have ached for over many, many moons and now, thanks to a very generous heart, will let me jump into with all that I can bring to it.   So whilst I thrash around in the shadows, I have been acutely aware of the ones who show up to light my way, spur me on and keep me accountable for where my feet trod on my path.  I humbly bow to all of you in thanks and gratitude for holding space for me, for loving me for who I am.  

9 comments:

Sherry said...

Always ready to light a match or hold a candle ahead of you so that you can find your way when it seems to be the darkest! Love you! xo

oreneta said...

Not to be pendantic - whom - it's the object, who the subject.

Gratitude so beautifully illustrated. hugs, O

Snap said...

{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}

Enjoy your life!

Roos said...

This brings me to tears, even though I don't know why in particular. Maybe it's simply today?! Yes, yes, and yes, you are loved for who you are!

P.s. (whoever sent you) that necklace is amazing!

Kim Mailhot said...

Keep grabbing at that precious light, Kimmypoo ! You are shinier than you think, my Friend !

Yay, Sherry , for the necklace !
Yay, for your spot in Soul Collage !
Yay for this day to walk towards the shiny !
Love you !

Cheryl said...

I've been hoping you would surface with some good news. The necklace is so you!

~Hugs~

dixiebelle said...

Beautifully said. I am curious about the soul college class and what it is...

Lis said...

How did I miss this yummy post! And how did I NOT know a fellow Frida-ista? (My kitty of 18 years was named Frida and let me tell you, if you name someone Frida expect to grapple with a strong personality!)

Can't wait to hear about Soul Collage and see what you do!

Thinking about you in these days in the West. Sending you light and warmth as we prepare ourselves for the next phase and Winter. Aho lovely friend!

xo

Website design said...

thanks for the great post. it reminds me that i have to bring more structure into my blogging. your blog is very interesting. please let me know how to go for your rss blog.

---------------------------
Website design | Website design Adelaide | Website design Brisbane