Monday, February 2, 2009

Field Trip

I can't say how exhausted I am tonight. It was the kindergarten field trip to the planetarium today. I was one of the parent volunteers to steer and count heads at regular and needed intervals. A busload of 50 5-year olds will suck the energy out of your bones faster than a tornado can whip through Kansas, Dorothy. And if that wasn't enough, we were coerced (I should say I was coerced) into going skating after school. So I'm hanging on by a thread. Here's a shot from the bus ride. At first I thought he was upset at something (maybe my presence or choosing me as a seat partner and then wanting a friend instead), but when I look at the photos, I realize he is just over the moon.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

You might need a really long soak in the bath to recover from this one.

Beth said...

As exhausting as being a parent volunteer can be, your son will always remember mom was there!

(And 50 five year olds reminds me of the woman who just gave birth to octuplets and now has 14 children. Talk about lack of energy. The woman needs her head examined.)