Saturday, July 4, 2009

It Must Be All This Rain...

At times I feel like I lose my sense of humor. It might be nothing that triggers it, it might be hormonal. OK, there is something definitely related with hormones but I’m not talking about that kind of loss here. There are other times, cycles I might call them, when I also feel largely uninspired. I’m coming to understand that these cycles bring other things to me and I create differently during these cycles. But I don’t like it one bit. As part of a cycle it has to be a necessary part of when I do feel inspired, witty, and satisfied with my status quo. I tell myself to not be such a baby, put my best face forward, find the things I am grateful for. But there is no denying the feeling is there and so I go into a waiting pattern or a limbo. In my head I know that this too shall pass and I will once again feel that tug of excitement about everything, it's my heart that hasn't yet caught up with the notion.

3 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

rain, hormones, blahs, bah humbugs,...I get them often too - I think I am just that way, after all these years. Part of me thinks that the reason I can so rejoice and celebrate and really recognize the joyful, beautiful moments in life is because I have those blah, gloomy moments to compare them to...Hope they are short lived and the sun shines at least for a few minutes on you today !

Snap said...

The sun will come out tomorrow ... yeah, right, sure! ??? !!!! I've spent way to much of my life trying to figure out my cycles. Now that I don't worry about the hormone thing (what hormones?), I don't seem to worry about the cycles either! I work at not letting boredom in and often scream at myself .. do something ... read, wash the dishes by hand ... brush a cat. DO Something ... just don't EAT! :D :D :D

Sherry said...

I think the patience that is needed when we go through these "drought" periods comes with age. It's like finding the inner peace in meditation. I used to rail against my droughts of inspiration, creativity, humour, etc. and now I know that they are phases like the moon and I know that when I am doing when I think I'm in a drought is really what I'm meant to be doing at that time.