Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Haiku



My kind friend Sally
rang yesterday afternoon
with a sweet bouquet

lavender et al
she picked from her own garden
to cheer and heal me.

You see, I had loss
of a tooth, a wisdom tooth,
a planned extraction

due to impaction,
and me, finally finding
the courage to go.

It also meant loss
of seventeen years of fear
of having this done.

I will miss Sally
dearly - she is packing up
and moving forward

for new adventures.
Moving home to New Zealand.
Much too far away.

So I have strung up
this beautiful gift of love
in my studio

to find a way to
preserve these moments we share.
It's new incentive

to dig them out and
put my travelling shoes on.
Kiwi anyone?

3 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

receive and lose, ebb and flow, and us just bob-bob-bobbing along...
Glad to be a-bobbing with you in my flow.
Happy Healing Friday, Lovely Friend.

Snap said...

I thought of you this morning when I came across this:
corazon.typepadEnjoy!

(I hear New Zealand is beautiful.)

What a wonderful friend. She'll always be with you, no matter the two of you are.....

GingerB said...

My sister just came back from NZ, I think you'll have a lovely time visiting there, teeth or no.