Tuesday, March 8, 2011

{Virtual Coffee}


If we were meeting for coffee today I would want to complain (again) about the weather and I would say I'm going to talk about the weather as long as it is something to talk about. When I start waking up every day and looking out the window thinking, 'another beautiful day', (i.e. when I move to California) I will stop talking about it. Yeah, that shot above was taken this morning after it snowed here for pretty much the last two days. Enough already. This is the kind of March I want to be having:


If we were meeting for coffee today I would tell you things are back to normal this week around here. March break is over, there is no celebration to prepare for before Easter which, gratefully is far away because I don't think I could pull up enough enthusiasm from my bones to do it up right, right now.

If we were meeting for coffee today I would admit there have been too many tears lately about where I am not. Some how I slipped back into a "state of lack" way of thinking and I know I have to work hard to get my mojo back. I would admit I feel beaten down by the weather, the state of the world and the way big business is laughing up their sleeves while the little people are squeezed more and more (hear that oil companies?).

If we were meeting for coffee today I would want you to talk to me harshly and not let me get away with any more woe-is-me talk. I would want to you tell me to put my head down and keep pushing and above all keep believing because I am not feeling it and I haven't let myself fake it for so long.

If we were meeting for coffee today you would have some jokes to tell me and I would laugh until I wet my pants and then I would tell you about how the whole day yesterday at work I kept finding my pants zipper down.


And then you would laugh until you wet your pants and we would both head over to Amy's Lucky Number Thirteen for some more coffee and see if we could get her to wet her pants.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU had a recalcitrant zipper, while I discovered in mid-afternoon that I had my blouse on inside-out. Couldn't fix it immediately and had to chuckle at how differently the day felt before versus after the realization!

(Don't know why Blogger seemed to ignore the first comment I made here about this... all in a day's Duh! moments, I guess.

oreneta said...

Weather? In Montreal? You got a lot to complain about hon. I dread having to go back to Canada for the winter sometime. I hope I can make it not happen. Hope hope hope.

Cheryl said...

You didn't really lose your mojo, it's just buried under snow. The plow will come by and then the snow blower and you'll see it jettisoned into a dump truck. It's there. Hibernating.

Kim Mailhot said...

Keep looking for that light, my friend ! It is here, we just have to keep grasping it.
I can say this because though winter has sucked, we did not get that last dumping of snow and got rain instead and I think if we do get anothe rbig one, I will be exactly where you are...
But today, I will tell you that the warmth is coming. Find a moment when the sun is shining and stand in its rays. It feels so good for the bones and all else that ails ya.
Hugs, Beautiful Girl !

Anonymous said...

I wish I could tell you a joke to cheer you up, but first you need to tell me one to cheer me up! I've been in a funky woe is me too, and can't shake it either! In fact I blogged about it today!!. I am sick of the weather too. Don't move to Calif...I lived there, you will hate it. I'm bummed about the state of the world and gas prices too. I bummed that no one hardly comments on my blog. Is that weird or what?
I hate being in a funk.
Glad to know I'm not alone.

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Rhonda, Rhonda, Rhonda. I have often wanted to leave you a message but your Blogger profile is considered private and I can't get in, so in case you come back here - thanks for stopping by and I'm still thinking of a joke and doesn't involve a chicken crossing the road.