Tuesday, October 25, 2011

{Virtual Coffee}

Hello Tuesday, it's time for Virtual Coffee!

If we were meeting for coffee today I would ask how your Halloween planning is going. I nagged poor Riley so early on in the month that we are quite ahead of the game for his costume. A few small details to create/add and we're on.

If we were meeting for coffee today I would share with you one of my truths and that is it is much easier to get up regularly at 5:00 a.m. when it isn't so flippin' dark out. I've been struggling to not hit the snooze bar lately and when I succumb I'm often grumpier for that bit of extra sleep.

If we were meeting for coffee today I would tell you that crow followed me all the way home from school this morning.

And then I found this nifty stick that reminded me of a bird claw.

I might share with you some more orange colour that graced us this week. I'm still harvesting some tomatoes - unbelievable.

And I adore these orange lentils.

It looks like a control freak stacked these pumpkins

but it wasn't long after a few kids passed through that they looked like this.

Even though they had a pretty good guard over them.

I would also show the one heavenly blue that tried its best to make me smile

this was as far as it could get though and I must admit I admire its tenacity. And don't you just love the colour of the water after steaming artichokes?


If we were meeting for coffee today I would show you what an 8 year old will get up to when left unattended in a store with a large mirror.

And least week after we got stuck in this most frustrating traffic jam one exit from our house, I found this on my phone.


Which is a darned site better than the fact that I've had to move on to these

as my prune juice just wasn't making the grade. And you would know then we were coming to the end so I would say let's go over to Amy's Lucky Number 13 because she is going to show us how she makes those Cinnamon Hillbilly Lattes.

9 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

That kid is so funny! More proof that we really are never bored when we can amuse ourselves like that!
Love your orangeness.even the apricots fit in!
Enjoy your treasures!
Love ya!

Beth said...

Love the video! So uninhibited – and adorable!
(When did I go from making funny faces to having one??)
Also loved your “ending.” Best of luck with the apricots... According to my sister, Metamucil works like a charm. ;)

Cheryl said...

Cantaloup. I'm telling you cantaloup. If all else falls, Lactulose. Both are natural. Both won't kill you. But Cantaloup works first time, every time.

Your kid is a natural clown! Love him.

Snap said...

Giggle .... good luck with the apricots ... yogurt?????? Crow medicine???

Moomser said...

The video won't load boohoo!
That crow and the twig would've freaked me out!
I can't believe you still have tomatoes! Seriously! I've already used up all my green tomatoes (awesome green tomato jam, if you're interested) and taken down my plants in view of the effing snow. Very jealous of your tomatoes.
p.s. might I suggest some water kefir? Works like a charm!

oreneta said...

Hmmm, ate my comment

Halloween, we are hopeless...well, I am. I ordered the pumpkins yesterday to pick up today, and that's good. We're having a minor sleep-over, I think.....gotta talk costumes next.

Love the video, he does a great bark.

Anonymous said...

I love your humor and your observations. I think most people wouldn't have noticed the crow and then the bird footed stick, but you did and it's very interesting and entertaining and fun. I love how you pay attention and then share these observations.

Lis said...

Dates ... they are pretty good for, well, you know ...

there is some kind of chinese herb (precious pills? the names are always so much fun!) that i've heard work very well.

you do know, we are experiencing what is really puberty in reverse? Just to give permission for the craziness that ensues.

Love your little man. I think he has a chinese twin living in my house. (and I just got another "tip" for my joy warrior handbook - making faces in the mirror! Oh yes, that will loosen something up!)

xo Lis

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Oh I know what you mean about waking up before the sun does. BOOO. Although, it's been strange here in Thailand because they don't do daylight savings here. I think I quite like it.

Such pretty colors! And your little man's a gem. That first picture, for some reason, reminds me of Woody from "Toy Story."

Good luck with the apricots!