Tuesday, December 20, 2011

{Virtual Coffee}



Wow, look at that! Five days until Christmas, I don't know who is more excited in our house. So, if we were meeting for coffee today you would find me sipping sweet, chocolaty coffee while I dance around the studio with Seal and Amy Winehouse, and for that you might want to put your sunglasses on.

If we were meeting for coffee today I would check in and see if you are in the holiday spirit. I have had head my head down for so long just trying to fit it all in that when I allowed myself to look up today I felt a lot lighter, despite what is still dogging me on my endless list.

If you were coming over for coffee today I would make you drink plenty of it so you would have to avail yourself of the facilities and you would remark on how clean my bathroom is. I spent considerable time in there this weekend not availing myself but cleaning and scrubbing and washing so that, for the first time in a long time, everything in there was sparkling clean at the same time.


I would confess that often times I just clean the one thing that seems the most in need but this week even the bowl cleaner

and the plunger got their due

as well as the baseboards and the floor. Luckily it is a largely wood bathroom so the dirt shows less, or maybe I just stop seeing it after a certain point.

If we were meeting for coffee today I would show you the cat we saw in the dollar store

and say that I would have that expression on my face too if I was expected to dress up like that, and show you some L-O-V-E we found at Starbucks, courtesy of the Jones company

and admit that we must be singlehandedly keeping that coffee shop in business as we run around this holiday season.

If we were meeting for coffee today I would say that after a near breakdown with plenty of tears on my part, Riley's unfortunate situation at school may be coming to a head. I am hoping that the principal actually heard my words between my hysterical gulps and snivels and that she is not just trying to appease me, I would be relieved to truly believe changes are afoot.

And to lighten the mood back up a bit I would show you the plethora of Christmas cards we have received

despite my ingrained habit to not send out any of my own and it makes me grateful for each and every person who sends them out without expecting to get one in return. A humble thank you.

And I would leave with this one last shot for our hostess, Amy,

who so loves vintage. It is from a neighbour's front yard and it reminds me of growing up and what was around my old neighborhood. Don't forget to drop in over at Lucky Number 13 for some holiday hillbilly lattes. May your coming days be merry and bright!

10 comments:

Sherry said...

If we were meeting for coffee today -- I would treat!!!!! ♥

And as for the situation at that so called "school"...fingers crossed and my heart crossed that truly and really something is going to be done. A Christmas gift to you and Riley from them ♥

oreneta said...

I hope the principal truly heard you too. I sincerely hope so. I am also, on a much more trite note, delighted that I am not the only one who has only part of the bathroom shiny at a time!

Cheryl said...

Fingers crossed on the Principal and Riley. Here's hoping. If we were meeting for coffee, I would hand you a sauvignot...a donut to celebrate the first candle of Chanukah.

Too fabulous memories~

Snap said...

Sure hope the school thing is on its way to being dealt with.

Merry Merry, Happy Happy, Ho Ho Ho and a Yo Yo Yo ... just for good measure.....

Beth said...

I wouldn’t put sunglasses on – I’d join you!
Funny (strange? sad?) how a sparkling clean bathroom can bring such a feeling of satisfaction. (But I bought a new toilet bowl cleaner, didn’t clean the old one…)
As for the situation with Riley? Never underestimate the power of tears. We may wish the waterworks didn’t appear quite so readily but (at times) they can be very effective. Hope it all works out.

A Very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

P.S. I love that mug...

Kim Mailhot said...

I agree with Beth about the tears. Getting to a raw human level sometimes works. Let's hope. , okay?
I have a bit of Christmas spirit. I am happy to say I have little or no Christmas stress which I am even happier about. I didn't let the whole need to get it done perfectly thing happen this year. I am kind of proud of that.
I would love to chat with you before the weekend. I will try you on Thursday.
Glad to know you gOt your boogie back, my friend!

Ellena said...

May unexpected delights fill your holiday season.

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 said...

i love the vintagey santa and candles, you knew i would : ) i just saw a big santa like that at an antique store and nearly cried on the spot when i saw the price tag. i hope things get straightened out at school for both of your sake. what a nightmare! i hope they REALLY listened to you this time and maybe on a new course when he returns after the holidays? i hope so. how frustrating. not only am i drinking my hillbilly latte but we are listening to our hillbilly holiday christmas cd, too. : ) really. no one sings christmas like dolly parton!!! have a great day!

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

It's Christmas Eve in Thailand and I'm just stopping by to wish you a very Merry Christmas! xoxo

megg said...

Oh, I'd love to meet you for coffee - mostly to thank you for the nose-coffee-snort near disaster you gave me laughing over your clean bathroom comment - i so get that!

Hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and a wonderful, wonderful New Year.

with love -