Saturday, June 5, 2010

Tickweed

We saw this wild daisy growing out of a piece of concrete this morning.

The resilience of nature always astonishes me. And then there was my rock, I think this is my all-time favorite and quite apropos for what I have been muddling through on a personal level.

I bought this perennial a few weeks ago, Tickweed is its common name. I wasn't crazy about the foliage which is kind of like under developed asparagus but the photo of the flower on the tag drew me in. It didn't disappoint, I got my first flower today - now if I can only nurse it through to next spring, it might just be OK. But really, I need to come up with a better name for it than Tickweed.

After the flurry of weirdness this past week, oddly enough I find myself on the way up. I may have hit the bottom of the barrel emotionally and I am strangely feeling inspiration for all kinds of things. Fingers crossed and attitude transplant in place, I'm feeling more optimistic about life or maybe just more engaged with my present. Either way, it's good.

1 comment:

Kim Mailhot said...

Had a talk with my mom about nature this morning at our "church" time. I was shedding tears for the creatures in the Gulf. My mom used the word "resilient" too...I like the focus on that reslience rather than seeing them only as the victims of our horrible needs. It helped my heart to go there. Going to try to keep it there...
So glad to know your cycle is on the way up. The world needs the blessings and love that you help provide, my Beautiful Soul Friend !
It is good.
Love to you on this Sunday morning.