Friday, May 25, 2012

Random Thoughts and Inspirations

I had a head-slapping moment of "oh yes, me too" reading Lisa's Doorways Traveler blog this morning about being "true, transparent, real and human".  Everything she said was me and what a sense of comfort to know there is someone else in the world who can put words to my experience.  I urge you to go and read it for yourself, it is poetry and her photos are stunning and it made me feel as if everything was going to turn out alright after all.

Then I turned to the Queen of Arts blog and found an excerpt from Mary Oliver's, "When Death Comes" and felt completely gob-smacked.

You see, yesterday I experienced a little miracle and all of a sudden I feel like I am walking on a different planet Earth.

What I am acutely aware of today is that I have line-dried sheets


and a beautiful turquoise bathroom with white, white shower curtains.


I have friends who listen and iced tea that is golden in the sun.


I don't feel silly when I laugh at hearing women's breasts called "ta-tas".

I recently came home with a full moon drum


and had my first Skype conversation with my friend Kate, who helped me iron out my audio (or lack thereof).

Where I live, backyard composting means I put this in my bin


and provide tasty breakfasts, lunches and suppers for these guys



and I'm OK with that.

More often than not I feel a lot like Popeye - I yam who I yam.


and this is my world.



11 comments:

Sherry said...

There is a lot of smacking going on there -- up the side of the head and on the gob... :) But you are who you are and that is all good in my book!!! ♥

Snap said...

I'm sure glad you yam who you yam..... ♥

Beth said...

Your “little miracle” does not seem so little – you seem so at peace both with yourself and with your (the) world.

Cheryl said...

"little miracle"? A miracle is a miracle and this is actually one super-gigantic-extraordinary-super special miracle! I speak with knowledge! :>)

Paula said...

You "yam" someone pretty darn cool! I love love love that turquoise bath. I might never come out of that one!

Kim Mailhot said...

I am so happy to read this post and see and feel so much of mt beautiful friend Kimmypoo shining through.
What you are iis beautiful.
Love ya!

oreneta said...

Looks like a lovely world!

Dorit said...

beautiful and inspiring

Roos said...

Loving the portrait!! And, my, do you and Riley look the same.
And since your Skype is working, we might try that some time :-) (if... I find the time... aargh...)
Love from Amsterdam!

Pixie Moongazer said...

I suddenly want to paint my bathroom turquiose. I'm working on finding peace with myself. It's hard sometimes. I hope I can be happy with who I am as you are x

Osh2Oz said...

I love that drum. Is the moon image intentional? I googled it unsuccessfully.