Monday, March 30, 2009

Flight from Hell

I hate to complain, I really do. Especially since I just spent a week in warmer climes. But I'm going to. Briefly. One cancelled flight. A two hour wait in line to re-book, then a four hour wait. Lost: three pieces of luggage and one car booster seat. Two more hours waiting in lines to register the loss and get papers stamped.

En route yesterday, Riley ate two boxes of Tic Tacs. What can I say but they were a novelty and they passed the time. AND they were only $1.19 US a box. Versus the $15 slices of heartburn cheese pizza we ate. Since last night I have only brushed my teeth with his Kiss My Face Very Berry Toothpaste. I showered this morning and washed my hair, forgetting my only comb and hairbrush are in the lost luggage along with, alas, all my make up. I don't wear a lot but I do feel naked without the little bit I do use.

Now, the snow is almost gone. On the way to picking up my dogs I am going to stop at the pharmacy for a comb and some minty toothpaste, maybe a khol pencil and visualize all day the arrival of our bags on our doorstep. And since I don't have to unpack the luggage, maybe I'll do some art. Now THAT's looking on the bright side of things. I've also been tagged for a meme by Beth and I've been thinking about that too. Off I go!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Kinda takes the bloom off the vacation, huh?
Welcome back.
Enjoy (??) the meme…

Snap said...

Welcome back!