Sunday, March 1, 2009

Party Hearty

The party happened without a hitch. I didn't even get lost trying to find the place. Most parents stayed and I am so grateful because I never would have been able to keep track of eight five-and-six-year olds in that place. I think the best time was had by two of the dads, I heard them making plans to go back together next weekend. Thanks to Sherry over at Chaos Theory for tuning me into the place a number of months ago. Riley cashed in on some great gifts, he got a chance to have his best buddies (three of which are girls!) all together in one place and man oh man did those kids play. I am exhausted without having done all the climbing and running they did. Here are a couple of the best shots of my boy.


It's now officially spring break here. Now if only spring weather will come. It was insanely cold today, I got an ice cream headache walking the dogs tonight (like an ice pick through the forehead). My plans are up in the air, I am supposed to work my usual 2 to 3 days this week, I was counting on my regular sitter to take care of Riley but she was in a car accident a couple of nights ago and is still in the hospital. It seemed very serious at the outset - bleeding in the brain and a broken bone in her neck - but they are talking about discharging her within the next few days. I'm sending lots of healing vibrations her way, she's been a part of our family for the last five years.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Sounds like an awesome party and the best thing is, no mess at your place! Hope your friend/child carer gets better quickly, how terrible. No, I haven't got my baby back, I'm still borrowing, and my cold is horrible, I was sent home from work and have tomorrow off so hopefully I can recover by Friday.

Snap said...

Thanks for sharing the party photos. (Thank Riley, too) It looks like a great place.

Horrible about your care giver. I hope things go well and everyone is back in the saddle quickly.

Winter has been strange everywhere. Ack!