Thursday, October 22, 2009

Living Large

One of our homework assignments in Patti Digh/David Robinson's LIAV telecoaching class was to do some rock balancing as an exercise to be fully present in our lives. For almost two months now I have looked for the opportunity to do this and it's a lot harder than it looks. My Tuesday morning walk down by the water netted this photo:

And this detail:

Larger than life, three formations of rocks balanced. It wasn't me who did it, but it really threw me for a loop. In September I had sat on the same shore, attempting to balance a handful of small rocks, my best attempt made a pile about two inches high. I didn't see any larger rocks even though they were right under my nose. In the spirit of Patti's writing, and in the spirit of being open, I took this to mean that I need to start thinking large. It's time to let all possibilities in, especially the grandiose and the impossible. I had a very vivid daydream a few weeks ago, something else that knocked me for a loop and I knew it would be a pivotal point in my growth. I need to realize that dream. Over at Beth's place at Be Yourself, she was talking this week about choosing her word for the coming year. Last year my word was "peace", this next year my word is "dream". I am going to dream big.

8 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Oh Kim ! This post made me cry. That you are receiving these messages so loud and clear and that you are taking them in just makes me excited and so happy for you. So amazing. Thinking Large, Living Large, Dreaming Big...it just sounds so good and so right. I have a feeling that magic is on its way - magic of your own soul's making. I am wishing big for you !

Sherry said...

And don't forget having balance...to live big, to dream bit and maintain your balance while doing that...great message, great lesson!! Don't you just love it when you have your eyes open and you are seeing with your eyes and your spirit at the same time? Doesn't it give you chills??! Here is to dreaming big Kim!!!!!

Snap said...

Great post, Kim. Amazing the balanced rocks that you found outside and the ones you are finding inside. The Universe does sneak up on you ... BAM. I've been thinking about my word for next year -- this year was Listen ... next year -- Adventure (I think).

Beth said...

May your dreams come true.
I think I need a sign – or, at least, I need to start being aware of any that may be right under my nose. So perhaps my word should be “awareness.”

Xavier Macia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
oreneta said...

That's a great word. I wonder if there is a single word for "don't kill slow moving Spanish/Catalan builders, architects and bureaucrats"

Joy said...

Kim,
Dream big, and then be ready to receive amazing abundance and joy as those dreams plus ones you could never have imagined, are fulfilled. Lots of good energy:)

Dragonfly Lady said...

Creativity in nature, fantastic. I've often skimmed stones on the water but never tried this activity. Next time I'm by the water... I'll try it!

I'm with you for next year... Dream Big, but also Live the DREAM!