Monday, October 12, 2009

Shiver me timbers!

I know I'm not the only one freezing my kishkas off. We had our first frost over night last night. I was glad I didn't need the car before the sun (yes, the long lost sun!) came up and melted it off. We tried to walk down by the water with the dogs this morning but fagg-et-a-bout-it. It was so windy it was miserable, even with multiple layers, mitts and hats. WTF? It's only early October, we are supposed to be visited by an El Nino this year and yet the heat has been on full force, the wool socks out. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to lodge a formal complaint with someone about this kind of thing? It seems most of the northern part of this continent is freezing or has been snowed on already. Too soon, yes. Especially after the dismal season we dared to call summer this year. So here I am, on my country's Thanksgiving night, grousing about the menial. Any only 74 days until Christmas.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I’ve been toughing it out for awhile now – finally turned the furnace on today although I’ve had the gas fireplace going. I hate the dry heat!
So, just 74 days until Christmas, huh? Thanks for the reminder. :(

Snap said...

Mother Nature sure seems to have her knickers in a twist over something. I wish she'd figure it out! ;D

oreneta said...

I am so very very glad I'm not there.

Kim Mailhot said...

73 days now - YIKES ! Yup, the fast acting coldness is not fun !!!! Thank God for the warm hearts that help us through! Cuddle up with what brings you joy, lovely Kim. T'is the season to snuggle !