Friday, February 19, 2010

Rambling weather rant


OK, OK, it's been an easy winter. We have had little snow the last 6 weeks. Very little snow. My backyard was starting to look, well - revolting. And I walk my dogs, a lot. Twice a day, three times a day when I'm not working downtown. But there is always the pee that happens after chasing a squirrel through the yard and up the tree. Or the midnight pee, or the 3:00 a.m. pee. Then there's the territorial pee and the oh-what-the-heck-pee and the I-forgot-to-go-while-on-the-one-hour-walk-so-I'll-just-do-it-now-before-I-go-in-the-house-and-sleep-for-the-next-four-hours-pee. But this plunged me over the edge: a note came home from school yesterday advising parents to check their children's snow suits. Apparently, with almost no new snow to speak of, and with irresponsible pet owners walking their dogs through the school yard, the halls and the lockers in the school building have been smelling like dog excrement. Beauty. Riley did have a pair of mittens last week that were stinky. I thought it was just a case of them not drying out fully before they got wet again. They were washed as soon as I caught the whiff. Now I know what it was and I'm disgusted.

This morning I woke to about 6 inches of fresh stuff and it's still coming down. I should be grateful because it kind of takes care of the yellow snow matter. *sigh* Instead I'm wishing for sunnier climes.



7 comments:

Sherry said...

That IS revolting!!! Careless, thoughtless people who let their dogs roam on their own, or are too lazy to stoop and scoop -- and it has consequences...like these. Smarten up people!!!

Snap said...

Revolting, but I have to admit that I laughed, too! Ah, yes ... the ways of the world and winter ... you'd think -- that thinking and common sense have disappeared ... out of the gene pool......... the blessings of 6 more inches of snow ???!!!!!

Kim Mailhot said...

Ewwww ! Some dog owners suck !

Winter sucks...
Cold sucks...
stinky mittens suck...
Poked my head out to see if the day was going to feel better in blogland than it does in my ick brain...nope - sucks...

Back into my hole...
See you in spring, if not sooner...;)

Beth said...

Don’t have that yellow (or whatever colour…) snow problem anymore. :(

And still only a sprinkling of snow around here!

Carol said...

Hi Kim,
Your gift of jewels cards came today, thank you! Your handmade card is very textural and so unique. The more I look, the more I see. Wishing you pure clean white snow(ha!) and a wonderful weekend!
Carol

Paula said...

Been there, done that, don't want the tshirt! Hang in there, friend, our stuff is finally starting to disappear. Thank the good Lord. Now, however, we are fighting the dirty footprint brigade. The back room has now been dubbed the "drying room." Our Aussie waits quietly, but our Cocker spaniel sings the blues until we let her out.

oreneta said...

I don't know whether to be glad about the snow for you or sad. Physical beauty goes a long way. February is so LONG isn't it. March always felt better, seemed like the end was in sight.