Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Is It Just Me?


Am I the only one who finds this math problem that was a part of Riley's homework tonight a wee bit, oh shall we say - morbid for grade one?

Translation: There were 7 fish in the bowl. 6 of them died. How many were left?

And don't get me started on the book these little wankers have to read, "Mon Chien Balou". A cheery little story about a boy's dog who gets hit by a car and dies.

I swear I don't have to make this stuff up.

P.S. I think there is also a grammatical error in the math question.

8 comments:

Karen said...

couldn't they have just said there are 7 fish in the river and six of them swam away. wtf.

turquoisemoon said...

...or, watch cartoons and count all the acts of violence.

Cheryl said...

Yes, there's a grammatical mistook. What morbid crap!

Kim Mailhot said...

Real cheery...

Beth said...

That particular math question is familiar – but not in regard to dead fish (wrong, wrong, wrong…). Apples, maybe. Have you considered writing the publisher?

Paula said...

Yuck. Double yuck.

Snap said...

Good grief! Is it the *French* way? !!!!!!! ??????? !!!!!!!!

Carla Sonheim said...

Oh my gosh!!!