Thursday, August 6, 2009

Q28

In all the hustle and bustle that has been this week so far, I squeezed out my tag for *e*'s question number 28. My last two tags I have had some serious bleeding when I've sprayed them with fixative. In each case I had used a Sharpie marker which is supposed to be permanent. I'm not sure how I'm going to fix that, perhaps spraying with workable fixative then permanent. Any suggestions? Watercolor pencils, ink.

The journalling reads, "My favorite part of summer is the sun and the heat. It is the thing that gives me energy, rejuvenates me and can turn a cloudy, stormy mood around. I'm not a fan of winter so the sun is also my favorite thing then too, for all the same reasons." I don't sunbathe like I used to, partly my inner thermostat, partly my bout of skin cancer. But I still want to be a lizard lying on a rock in the sun.

3 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

This won't work for everything but have you tried a coat of Mod Podge over it instead ? Sounds weird but it has come in handy for final coating many things for me. Another one of those play until you find what works for you things, I think. I have had that bleeding from Sharpies with a lot of different products. I have been using India ink and though it can be a bit of a challenge, it doesn't bleed at all !

Yay summer sun and heat. Boooooo winter - don't even go there right now...;)

Snap said...

I like The Queen's mod podge idea. I found out quickly that Sharpies and my journal don't get along. I love my Pitt Pens and my Sakura brush pens. Not much help!

Dream on lizard (saurian sister)! ;D ;D ;D

Sherry said...

This speaks to me...you could be speaking for me...these are my feelings and sentiments exactly.