Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ta-Da!

I was so frazzled last night after getting this "New Do" up, after a day at work (last day before a wee vacation and you know how THAT always goes) followed by a Riley's soccer evening, that I didn't trust myself to even mention this. But now I'm more refreshed after getting up in the night only once with my son and three times with the geriatric english setter I love so dearly, I'm going to attempt to give credit where credit is due.

I found Beth's blogs - one here and the other one here - via another blog I read, perhaps it was the Queen of Arts, I don't really remember. And aside from loving her content, I fell in love with the look of her blogs. So uncluttered, but everything that was there mattered. (An analogy for how I dream my life will be one day.) So being the bold and daring soul I'm growing up to be, I contacted her about helping me make my own blog look better or, rather, more "me". And she responded quickly and eagerly. I sent her some of my own photos, she made a number of banners after collaging the photos and added the words I chose and sent them back, all in just a few days. I don't know if she wants that much advertising since she didn't charge me anything (this did not go unnoticed, Beth and I'll be contacting you about THAT too) but I wanted to publicly thank her for helping me realize an urge that turned into a piece of art that really screams "me". And as much as I liked my last template - with gratitude to Leah for offering lovely and free templates - it wasn't my own art so I think that is why I outgrew it so quickly.

My only bugaboo is the BlogHer ad, I'm not crazy about the way it dominates. I'm looking in to reformatting it but it is possible that in a very short time I've outgrown that too (with all due respect to BlogHer and the way they bring bloggers together and out in the world). But I guess that's the whole point behind an ad, isn't it?

Phew! Have I sufficiently covered my butt?!

Thank you Beth. I'm over the moon!

3 comments:

Sherry said...

I LOVE your new look and Beth did an amazing job in helping you to create this look. One of the most satisfying and gratifying aspects of blogging is the connection and the heart of others that we meet along the way.

Snap said...

Well Done to Both of You!

Kim Mailhot said...

Beth is awesome and kind and generous ! And she did a great job making this New Do with you. I think it looks fresh and clean and Bodhit Chicklet-ish !