Sunday, October 19, 2008

Flora, scraps and other bits


I am a sucker for these peonies . My neighbor gave me a pink one and a red one a few days ago and I have been floating them in bowls of water. They truly are other-worldly.It has been cold here the last few days. Cold enough for gloves in the morning and today was a 2-fleece layer day. Thank heaven for fleece. I had to scrape the car windshield Friday morning, but first I had to find my scraper. For most of the summer it was getting under my feet or under foot in the passenger seat, so do you think it could be found when I had minutes to spare to get Riley to school and me to work?! Since these peonies are so far off the ground I guess they have been spared the nightly frosts.

I just signed up for Karen's scrapbooking class that starts on November 10. I'm quite excited since I was originally inspired by her to do some scrapbooking and have slowly accumulated some supplies. Soon I'll get to put them to use. And I'll only have to juggle the end of Paulette Insall's faces class at the same time! But I am very grateful for all this creativity in my life now. After the early years of drought, wanting and missing, I now am blessed with some time to pull it together and do it. Of course, it's still a matter of making the time but it's still so exciting for me. my life blood, in a way.

No comments: