Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Avoiding

I almost got beat up on the subway coming home from work today. I tried not to stare, I really did. But she had a nose ring. Like a bull has. And then THAT ring had a little ring under it. The subway car was crowded and we were kind of squished up together and there was only so many places I could look, if you know what I mean. And I was trying to be nonchalant, the only thing I didn't do was whistle. But I just couldn't help myself. I just kept imagining what it could get caught on in an ordinary day. So imagine, if you will, the type of person that would sport that and the reaction she might have if someone stared at her. I was so happy to get off and transfer trains. I saw the fists clenching.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe all the body piercings that go on these days, and they think it looks good, or something?? The tongue piercings are the ones that really irritate me, these people can't even talk properly, they lisp, and imagine the food that would get stuck in and around it. Yuk. Gee, if you want to make a statement about something, find a good cause for goodness sake and if you don't like being stared at, stop putting piercings in places they are not intended. PS Maybe you should wear sunnies in the subway so no one can see where you are looking.