Sunday, January 4, 2009

CED

It was a day different from what I had planned but what the heck. Riley was supposed to go to a friend's house to play this afternoon so after lunch I put him on the toboggan and walked him over. The mom had been cooking vegetables that morning - broccoli and maybe cabbage, I'm not sure but Riley stepped in the house and started to gag. He then ran outside and refused to go in. I made him try a couple of times and each time he started gagging. Truly embarrassing. What does one say to another one when your child won't go inside because their house smells?! I was horrified. So instead I brought his friend back to our house, pulling two five year olds on the toboggan (uphill). The mom called me later in the afternoon to say that she had taken her recycling out and when she went back in she, too, could smell the smell that had my son gagging. She was apologetic (can you imagine?!) because she had wanted to give me an afternoon off from childcare. I'm still embarrassed though. Kids just say what they are thinking and it's not always easy to field their comments. On the other hand, just yesterday Riley was saying something about "Whistle-toe" and I was having the darnedest time figuring out what he meant. Then it dawned on me he meant "Mistletoe" and I went into hysterics laughing. I laughed all day whenever I thought of it, so hard sometimes I was crying. His innocence and insistence of the "whistle-toe".

With all that fracas, I'm grateful we can put off to tomorrow what we would have had to do today. Since tomorrow is a ped day at my son's school our frantic weekly routine will only start tomorrow night instead of tonight. I did get some time to "create" too. I finished my calendar from Karen's class. I'm just down to the quotes now, I should be able to post the January page soon. Putting that together also meant that I got a stack of photos off the corner of my desk where I left them as impetus to get it done. Certainly get it done so I could start enjoying it. It will go up in my studio in the next few days. And my son created a bread man from his lunch, here's his chewed off sculpture/art as well as my Day 4, Daily Riley photo.


No comments: