Saturday, January 23, 2010

Homework

Everywhere I turn there is synchronicity. One of the homework assignments for Mondo Beyondo this week was to place an affirmation for someone to find (the Queen of Arts would love this). Early yesterday morning I push-pinned this into a hydro pole and it was still there at the end of the day. I wasn't sure if that was a good thing since it meant more people had walked by it and, hopefully, read it. Or if it meant it really didn't resonate with anyone enough to snatch it and take it home. Maybe it was just too d*!@ cold and everyone was walking with their heads down, eyes frosted over. I guess what is most important was my gesture. And maybe, just maybe the one person that needed to see it, did, and left it there as a gesture of his or her own.

3 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

I do love this !!!
Sometimes it takes a little while for people to see the messages that are left right in front of them.
I agree that your intention and you putting the message out there is the important part ! Love this message too, by the way ! Getting permission is good sometimes ! ;)

Just had a vision of the pole filled with lots and lots of messages - maybe one a day for a while? Just a thought !
Happy Saturday !

oreneta said...

I wouldn't have taken it down, rather left if for the next person to enjoy.....

Sherry said...

I'm having a hard time with Mondo Beyondo. I'm struggling with it. It's not so much the course it's getting my butt in gear to do the exercises. I'm assuming it's my overall ennui and lethargy at play...seems there are a few of us in the blue group who are going through this so that's good to know.