Friday, January 8, 2010

Insight

Last night I finished Karen Maezen Miller's, "Momma Zen". I can't say enough good things about this one, I wouldn't know where to start or finish. But in the spirit of a new year, new goals, I would like to share a quote near the end of the book that spoke to me. "There are many things you can do in life, but the things that you accomplish are those to which you commit."

In the past I have been guilty of over extending myself with childlike enthusiasm. I often sign on and up for more than I can handle. One of my intentions for this year was to be more discerning, to cherry pick things I do want to learn, people I do want to spend time with both cyber-wise and in real time terms. Finding this sentence solidified that desire in me. I do love synchronicity.

8 comments:

Karen said...

enabler, now i went and bought the book :)

Snap said...

I've heard nothing but good things about Momma Zen.

Brenda said...

That quote could have been made for me. Like you, I over commit and end up doing nothing properly. This year is going to be different - one on line class at a time no matter how tempted I might be. I want to do one thing well, not lots of things badly. Thanks for sharing that.

oreneta said...

An absolutely excellent quote. Commit and then it will fall into place.

Kim Mailhot said...

I love synchronicity too - it always makes me feel like the soul feelings/thoughts I am having are confirmed and that I am on to something...
But don't ever lose the child-like enthusiasm for things - it is a beautiful thing about being a Kim. ;)
Happy Saturday !

Sherry said...

There is something so incredibly wonderful about synchronicity. Adding to the list!

Anonymous said...

Where have you been all my life?

Skipper Kim said...

Hooray for synchronicity! Did you know that Karen Maezen Miller has a new book coming out this spring called HAND WASH COLD? I'm her publicist at her publisher & would be happy to send you a review copy when they become available in April if you would like to share w/ your readers on your blog. Just send me your address to kim (at) newworldibrary dot com and we'll put you on the list!