Saturday, January 2, 2010

Q50

Almost caught up...two more tags to prepare and 2010 Weekly Gratitude is already up! *e*'s 50th question - What do you love most about where you live? I gacked at this one because I really don't love where I live. It's one of those things I'm dreaming big about changing, but I don't want to get into the whys of it all. I want to thank Oreneta Aground for bringing this answer out in me. She commented on how when spring does come to our northern climes, it is like magic to see the first buds and blooms. And it is, I often weep with joy and wonder at the snowbells and crocuses, at their ability to sleep so long and still find the courage and gumption to reach for the sun. So, what I really do love about my city is how we rush outside to spend time on the terraces - small business will even throw a few plastic chairs and tables out on the sidewalk when a nice day comes along. It's not unusual for us to still be sitting for a drink or coffee or lunch outdoors on a nice day in October, certainly not beyond us to do the same in February and March when we start to feel the warmth of the sun. I love that part of our collective spirit.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Delightful! And so true!! And it's lovely that while you might not "love" everything about where you are currently living, you were able to discover one thing specifically (and maybe more) that you really do love.

Snap said...

Too true... even for someone in the south. The sun is shining today (it hasn't done much shining lately) and we went for a little excursion ... a new Barnes and Noble ... then lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. So nice to get out and enjoy the sun before it disappears again and the weather gets sloppy.

Kim Mailhot said...

Yes, those Montrealais are so wonderful about that ! Stopping and taking the time to soak it up, even if it is still weak or just bursts out for an hour or two. May you find that warmth inside yourself to get you through the rougher, less sunny times, Kim !

oreneta said...

Bodhi!

Thank you for the shout out...and glad to hear you nudged into a little happiness about where you live....another bonus of Canadian winter is that even now, into my seventh winter away from Canada, I am still outrageously pleased with seeing things that are still living. Haven't taken it for granted yet!