Friday, January 15, 2010

January Thaw


It used to be that when we experienced a couple of mild days in January we would call it the January Thaw. But the last ten or twelve years we have had anything but normal seasonal weather so when today brought our temperature just above the freezing mark, we had to celebrate it in the only way we know how - snowball fights and snowmen! We started off building up the fort:

I was taunted and challenged:

which made me stock-pile these, ready for bombardment:

after which the fort looked like this:


When I was sure I didn't have an ounce of energy left, we got all artsy-fartsy and created this guy. I love the way he looks at the camera:

But our day wouldn't be complete without finding something incongruous, which today turned out to be a pink seashell (I swear I don't make this stuff up) in our backyard:

4 comments:

Karen said...

soooo jealous. i wish we had snow!

Brenda said...

That looks like so much fun.

Kim Mailhot said...

You thaw out well, Lady ! Love the snowbuddy ! A shell ?...

Imagine if you had a backyard that was full of shells and sand and somewhere hot. Maybe you would find a snow ball there one day...;)

Enjoy the warming time...

WrightStuff said...

perhaps the shell was left by the retreating glacier!

Looks like you had a great time. What's that behind you??? Look out??? Too late, gotcha!