Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Five-a-Day

I saw this over here, then followed the link to over here and thought I'd join in. I'm not tagging anyone. But I like reinforcing the idea that we need to treat ourselves better. Especially women and especially as parents. We often lose ourselves in the shuffle, think that at all times our needs aren't up there high enough on the list to warrant proper attention. Since I've been treating myself better I know I am a better parent and generally a happy person.

Apparently this project originated over at Mindapples. The gist is for you to share with the world what five things you do that help keep you mentally fit. And then invite others to share with you.

Here are my five:

1) yoga and exercise, alternating days
2) creative expression
3) meditation
4) express gratitude
5) good sheets
6) Three Acres perfume stick in Amber scent (although I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore)

I've gone over by one and stopped myself because I would probably go much further and I think one of the ideas of this is to keep it simple. Some of these things sound strictly physical but they also give me a thought-thrill too so I left them on my list.

No comments: