Friday, February 20, 2009

Eternal Optimism & Haiku Friday and a Little Sarcasm

They say it always gets darkest just before it gets pitch black. It has been that kind of week for me. After Riley's health (and mine) took a nosedive on Wednesday and after two days of lying around aching, coughing, fevering etc. I took him to the clinic this morning for a diagnosis of (probable) pneumonia. Probable because they don't have an x-ray machine, but from the sound of his chest and his symptoms that's what was written on the ticket. Now his birthday party on Sunday is hanging in the balance, waiting to see how he wakes up tomorrow. He ate a little lunch today, the first thing he's had since Tuesday so it's encouraging. But we are both very weary and sick to death of each other. I wasn't sure I could pull this out of myself today, heck I'm not even sure it's Friday, but I am feeling a wee bit better now, after two days of mega-dosing vitamin C. I guess mine is viral because it's responding.

I'm quite fed up now
Coughing, crying - SOS
Waving the white flag

3 comments:

Beth said...

If only waving the white flag brought the cavalry!
Hope he’s better for Sunday – hope you both are.

Snap said...

Thanks for checking in. I was worried about you two. Wish I was there to supply chicken soup and TEA! Hope you both are much better soon and the birthday party can go on, and on, and on.

(I saw Haiku ....)

Brenda said...

OMG you poor things - pneumonia is terrible, one of my boys had it when he was 2 - I hope Riley bounces back quickly, and you too!