Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Interesting

Well, that was an interesting couple of days. One fiasco after another. And some downed spirits. Riley came down with a bug, high fever, lethargy followed by gastro. He's bouncing back today but it's meant a lot of lying around on the couch, thermometers and medicines in various orifices. And of course differing opinions. I can not fathom why some people try their darnedest to bring other people down. Maybe I'm just a dweeb, a goody-goody, a fictional character in my own autobiography. My creative time has taken more than a backseat to other things this last week. And I haven't taken many pictures of Riley, I can't bring myself to photograph him when he's feeling so low. But I have a shot of him before the bug, trying out his new scooter - in the house because we still have way too much snow and ice to take it outside.


And another shot from today, once he got up and running and eating a little we did some science experiments in the kitchen.



And here's one of *e*'s tags that I was behind on, you can see how dark my mood has been. This one was very simple, it was more about the journaling than about the imagery. I'm loving these questions and now I'm only behind by two. I also started working on my OWOH giveaways, one piece of collage deteriorated horribly so I'm rethinking that whole piece. These last few days have been a learning experience in so many ways. I feel like I'm coming out of a dark whole.


And one last shot, my boiled eggs from lunch. I loved all the white and the clear plastic. Not art by any twist of the imagination, but I loved how they looked.



Pole question: Is there a time limit on how long you can/should hold your child's birthday party after the actual birthday?

4 comments:

Beth said...

A time limit? Never! Kids don’t care.
Sorry to hear you’ve had a rough few days but glad to note you still possess a flower of hope and a seed of inner calm. Both are sometimes difficult to find…
(And I love that expression – “a fictional character in my own autobiography.”)

Snap said...

Birthdays can go on and on and on and ...........

Brenda said...

Definitely no time limit - any excuse - have a non-birthday party, haha. I know someone who had their birthday party several months after the actual day itself. I'm glad you've coming up out of your black hole, and that Riley has bounced back from his illness.

Snap said...

Just checking in on you and Riley. Hope you are both doing well.