Friday, July 31, 2009

August Calendar Page

I really love having this calendar I made at the end of last year. I'm always surprised when I turn the month over to see what was my choice of photo for that month, the reasons always come flooding back at me. I must make the time to make another one for 2010. This is a shot of a mushroom taken at my cottage. We get some humdingers there, you can imagine a whole tribe of leprechauns living under them.


My quotes for the month:

"Don't be distracted by criticism. The only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you." from Zig Ziglar. And, "You achieve much once you stop telling yourself you can't do things." by Elizabeth Kadetsky

The second quote is very much along one of the themes of the Patti Digh/David Robinson class I am taking - about listening to the stories you tell yourself about yourself and how it is possible to consciously change "your story". It also smacks of Eckhart Tolle who is the first person I read who addressed the whole idea separating what my ego is telling me about myself versus what I hear as guidance and/or intuition. It's all very rich material.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Fabulous photo and great quotes Kim!! I can imagine the joy you feel when you flip the page in the calendar and remember why each photograph was chosen!

Snap said...

I like this calendar page -- the photo and the quotes. I've been thinking about a calendar for next year. I'll have to get a move on and I'm as slow as molasses.