Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mystery

I did not plant this white hollyhock. I love hollyhocks but I planted a deep pink one and the seeds for a purpley-black one. The seeds I took from a friend's garden so I'm sure of their origin. It's been about three years I've tried to seed the black ones but they never seem to take so this year when I saw one coming up where I had seeded I was ecstatic. It now stands taller than my 5 foot 5 inch frame but when I came home from the cabin today I saw white blooms. Could I have blanched them with the language I often use in the garden?


Over the weekend I went with my sister to the annual 1001 Pots exhibit in Val-David, an outdoor pottery show that is really extraordinary. Despite the torrential rains I found some new friends - a bobble head and a birdbath.

4 comments:

Snap said...

I laughed out loud at "blanching". Mother Nature knows best -- she wanted white! Love your new purchases -- loads of color. I made a trip to the post office to pick up an envelope from a friend. Wonderful, wonderful. Photos on Monday....!!!!

Hugs--

Kim Mailhot said...

I thought that garedning was relaxing - how come you use "blanching" language ? ;)

Too bad about the rain ! It has finally turned here - my sister and her sweet gang are coming down for a few days from La Conception tomorrow. We will hit the beach at Ogunquit Maine on Wed. Not hot weather (in the high 70's - low 80's) but blue skies and gorgeous ! Hopefully it will hit up there soon too !
Love your bird bath - so colorful !

Tina said...

Hmmm, that was interesting. Looks like somethings will always remain mystery.

I myself have been trying to solve the mystery of this legend for a while now. Could not understand much though.

Let me know in case you get to understand the mystery of the Old Hound and the Legend

By the way, good writing style. I'd love to read more on similar topics

sherry lee said...

I'm still laughing at you "blanching" your hollyhocks with your colourful langauge! That is a mystery indeed...I often blame the squirrels when things go belly up in my garden!