Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Story Behind the Shoes

What is it with women and shoes? I was out buying rubber boots for someone else yesterday - someone who wasn't with me, so it was kind of odd to the salesman when I picked out a few pairs of boots and asked him if he would see if he had any in a size 10. That in itself wasn't odd, but when he came back with all his size 10's, I then asked him for those shoes in a 6 1/2. He looked at me kind of funny, but I like to mess with people some times so I just smiled. I loved them on the shelf but loved them more when I put them on. "These are $500 shoes," the salesman said. "I know," I said, thinking, "I know because my foot has never been in a $500 shoe and this feels like butter". They were stupid cheap - I do not have $500 in my budget for ONE paid of shoes. I put them on around 7:00 this morning, thinking I would wear them around the house a bit before going to work, just to see where they might rub or pinch, where I would need to put band-aids on for blisters. I noticed around 10:00 at work that I had forgotten to take them off at home. I wore them until I got home at 5:30 with nary a blister or red spot. So that's what it's like to live on the other side of the tracks.

Post Script/Clarification - The shoes were on sale, about 80% off.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh bliss!! I don't think I've ever spent that much on shoes...not that I don't want to, trust me...I am a shoeaholic...I can only imagine how fabulous they feel!!!

Snap said...

I think its wonderful just to find a pair of shoes that fit! Lucky!

Beth said...

Why do I never find deals like that? (Perhaps because I don't shop enough?)
My feet would love to know how the other half live!