Friday, January 9, 2009

Day

It was a great day here. A day that started around 4:30 a.m., only because there is a conspiracy (within the household and on more paranoid days I think it extends beyond) to make sure I don't sleep in. This morning it was dog number 2 that got me up. I lay in bed, wondering if I would go back to sleep for that last half hour until the alarm and deal with the consequences, or get up and do what a good dog owner should do and just say to heck with that last half hour. Unfortunately that half hour was from 4:30 to 5:00. Ah well, I 'll try to make it up by going to bed really early tonight. So taking advantage of that extra half hour I got to write a message to my Ozzie friend, Brenda, and catch up with some other friends who remain blogless. One-sided conversations they were, but what else do you do at 4:30 a.m.? Later in the day I got some photos of our latest weather phenomenon. Here are a few shots of my neighbor's pile, with an object or two (Riley) for the perspective of the size. Not the biggest pile on the block, but it was -25 with the windchill today and I didn't want to venture too far on foot. Ever try to take pictures with mittens on? 'Nough said.

And it was a good day in my studio too. I got a head start on Paulette's art journal class and got started with another weekly project (more to come). I have almost finished up with that fish, changing the course quite a bit, so inspired by all I have been seeing this week. With a little luck I'll finish him up this weekend and post a final by next week. I also spent quite a bit of time with my new camera too. After a kind of crappy earlier part of the week, today finished it off quite nicely, kind of like tucking the Ace card in your hand with your elbow.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Those photos are like picture postcards. I can't remember you telling me you were taking paulette's art journal class. I decided not to, maybe some other time. Still hanging out for the organic backgrounds one. Zits galore huh - that reminds me, my two boys need some acne treatment, badly, LOL. Hormones, who needs them!