Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hellloooo 2009


Yikes! It's here! A new year, new challenges, some of the same old dreams and desires. I actually did quite well with my Creative Every Day personal assignments. I only had about an hour and a half to myself, that being more than I get some days. I managed to finish off my favorite photos album for 2008 from Karen's class, doing up my December page. That's here:




One of the things I want to do this year is sketch more. Every day if possible. It's been so long since I did draw. I've painted and collaged and fiddled with mixed media but my drawing skills are very rusty. I know it's only practice that will get me more where I want to be with my art so here's my sketch for today, an old paintbrush from my brush jar and an update on that fish I started before Christmas. The paper is holding up amazingly well. Quite pleased with it although the texture itself has taken some getting used to and I kind of miss the original orange background, I've been trying to get some of it back but unsuccessfully so far.











One of my friend Karen's creative projects last year was to take a photo of her young son every day, knowing how much they change in a year she wanted to chronicle this. She is also a very talented photographer, scrapper and writer and is full of wonderful ideas and I wanted to pinch that idea from her. It will probably bore all three of you to tears seeing his mug up so much, so sorry about that but like I've said before, it's my party....

Riley Day 1:

He was drinking this strange purple carrot juice we bought recently. He looks kind of like Salvador Dali - when I told him that he loved the idea, we had been at the Dali museum in Florida last year and he was quite taken by the art, not to mention his moustache!

3 comments:

Snap said...

Happy, Happy New Year!

Brenda said...

Your sketch is great - like you I am really rusty and should attempt a sketch a day too. The fish is looking fantastic too, and your scrapbook page. Riley looks so cute with his juice moustache.

Genie Sea said...

Happy New Year!

It's awesome to see someone so young who not only knows who Dali is but is taken by him! WOW! What a great job you have done with him. :)

Here's to you finding your sketching mojo again! :)