Saturday, January 3, 2009

Loosey-Goosey

I'm not sure much creating went on in my house today. I'm glad this definition is so loosey-goosey. And it being so loosey-goosey it has made me think about interpreting some of the day's events differently- more positively, if you know what I mean. I worked and worked and then worked some more, finishing up only now after 9:00 p.m. Gratefully iMan was entertaining the lil'un and cooking up a storm for me for sustenance to keep going. I did get my Daily Riley shot so here's my CED contribution for today. He's holding the advent calendar I made last year. It's pretty simple but I'm proud of it. It's a Christmas tree shape cut out of stiff felt with 25 little magnets glue-gunned on it and 25 corresponding little decorations (also with magnets glue-gunned on them). One decoration per day leading up to and including Christmas. An honorable mention must go here to my sister, Hundela, who, without her eagerness and encouragement of our mutual creative geniuses, this would not have been possible because those lovely little decorations came from Michael's craft store which unfortunately chooses to not carry on business in Montreal. She willingly trotted off to her Michael's and picked out the trimmings for our tree. The magnets allow it to sit on our fridge, until yesterday that is when we did the "out with the old and in with the new" exercises.

Day 3, Daily Riley

No comments: