Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Eye On The Prize

Oh, who am I kidding? I can't do this without words. Something very strange happened yesterday. Or maybe it was today. I won something. I still can't believe it. A few days ago I came across a blog called Got Art? and the first post I saw, Sherry was giving away a piece of her mixed media work to the first person who could guess what was the object of a photo close-up she had up. It was a hard one, plenty of people were guessing all kinds of things, my first guess was coffee beans dropping in a glass of milk. It turns out it was a photo of the inside of a cherimoya. Which I got only because someone else had guessed an exotic fruit and then Sherry gave another clue that it began with "ch". I must admit I got a little frantic at one point, shouting out all kinds of exotic fruits that begin with "ch". So it turns out that one of my guesses was right. I think the last thing I won was $5.00 when I was 5 years old - we used to have a kind of lotto based on horse racing and I remember when I won, I had to put the $5.00 in the bank. Now there's a good pastime for 5 year olds - gambling. Look where it got me!

5 comments:

Snap said...

YeeeeeHaaaaw! Good for you!

PS ... love the butterfly on the hyacinth.

PSS. I've often wondered what the big deal about getting older is all about. I wouldn't want to go backward ... I'm getting better. =)

oreneta said...

yeehaawww! That's great you won a prize, it's always fun.

Beth said...

I have won one thing in my life - tickets to a Leaf game when I was about 13. Something to do with the cap from a bottle of Orange Crush. Being a big hockey fan (even then) it was a thrill!
Congrats on your win.

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

Wow-you got that? That was so cool.

BTW-I am technologically --inept. But if you want a good tutorial on how to use wordpress:
http://www.squidoo.com/wordpressblogs
is the best I know to offer. :-)

Good job winning!

Sherry said...

I love it when I win blog giveaways..there is such a feeling of surprise and joy!! Glad you won the one from Got Art! You never know what will happen ... entering is the first step!