Saturday, April 11, 2009

I'm a Kid Again!

I don't know why I love Easter so much since I've had Riley and he's been conscious enough to do the Hunt. I found this online last year, but didn't do it, this year...well here it is! Riley asked for a certain kind of Spy Gear kit instead of candy, thinking that the Easter Bunny is kind of like Santa Claus and will surely come through if he wished hard enough. So I made a treasure hunt throughout the house, 10 clues in plastic eggs with one or two little chocolates to end up with a bunch of Spy Gear gadgets in a nice little metal case. It's not the specific kit he wanted (we saw that in the US and I couldn't find it here), but I think the bits and pieces I did find are far better than what was in the other kit. I also hid a couple of other Caramilk eggs (I plan on eating those) and placed some rabbit foot prints around the house - a stencil with baby powder. Oh I can hardly wait! Take a look:


That's one of the Caramilk eggs in the corner of his green chair. Now I'm going to try to contain the dogs so they don't traipse through the nice little bunny prints. And another shot from today - Riley insisted on eating his meals today with chop sticks. This morning's eggs and toast, he actually did really well but I don't know where he got the idea or the talent.

4 comments:

Snap said...

This sounds like so much fun. I'd love to be a fly on the wall! Riley can teach me to use chopsticks. Enjoyed the animal photos and Riley!

Brenda said...

What a cute idea - bet Riley loved it.

sheri said...

What an adorable idea! I want to come over and play. Happy Easter Sue. What a great blog and congrats on stepping back into your creative passion!

Beth said...

Well done with those bunny paw prints!
Hope Riley enjoyed the hunt as much as the Easter Bunny enjoyed creating it!
This year my son was the Easter Bunny at a treasure hunt. Where does the time go?