Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blank

I went blank thinking of a title for this post, thus "blank". I've been waiting to post a picture of where I have now taken Owl Owl. Oh, but it has changed drastically since I posted the progression of this piece. I'm not sure if it's finished now, but I know I am going to put it aside and live with it for awhile. It's the same way I felt about my chickens, and now I know that piece is finished and I am rather fond of it. I waited to post this partly because I wanted to take a picture outside in natural light. But the ones I took today really didn't turn out that well. Not sure why, but some of the ones I took yesterday indoors on the manual setting on my camera (!) on the tripod with 5 weeks of my "Oh Shoot!" photography course under my belt turned out better. I ended up photoshopping it a little, just to get the colors closer to what they are in real life. Mixed media (acrylics, ink, collage, caran d'ache, markers and graphite) on 9 3/4 x 14 acrylic paper.


And Riley and I had a better day today, just small skirmishes and I even got a smile for the camera tonight:

5 comments:

Snap said...

I like OWLOWL and Riley with a smile! WooHoo!

Leah said...

It looks great! Such rich color!

oreneta said...

Sometimes kids have grumpy days, just like the rest of us. Glad he smiled a bit more today.

Brenda said...

I love the background colour you have used on owlowl, very vibrant and rich.

Beth said...

Riley smiling - did you use my "trick"?!

Love those owls - the entire piece is fascinating.