Friday, April 17, 2009

How Do You Spell Relief?

Remember that old commercial - how do you spell relief? - and then the roving reporter on the street would find people who would spell out R-O-L-A-I-D-S. I don't know why I thought of that this morning but when my accountant called with the tally of my tax forms, that came to mind. It appears that between one government body to pay, one sending me a refund, and the accountant's fees, I'll break even, maybe be around $100 to the good. As a self-employed person that is such a relief. I felt so good that I went and put on these:

Forgive me the socks, please. I was hoping it would warm up enough today to shed them, eventually. When we were in Florida we were out at the mall one night and I tried on a pair of Sketchers. My son is always saying, Sketchers! Sketchers! Sketchers! Gotta have Sketchers! To which I thought it was a peer-group thing. But when I put them on I didn't want to take them off long enough to pay for them. Since I've been home I haven't had a chance to wear them. So it was celebration day in all kinds of ways here.

I also got a couple of hours in my studio, working three different pieces and doing this tag. The question made me go crazy with bright colors, happy things. I underestimated how much space the lettering would take but it works well enough. Like Emily Falconbridge says, it's not so much the art, but the story behind that will endure.

1 comment:

Beth said...

You reminded me of that jingle, "Plop plop fizz fizz...oh what a relief it is!" for Alka Seltzer. I'll be singing it all day...
I’m going to be on the look-out for some Sketchers. Comfort is key – and they look good, too.