Sunday, April 5, 2009

Plain Truth


I finished Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult a few days ago. It is classic Picoult, but not my favorite of hers by far. I took it from the library because it was small in size and paperback and it was to be my beach reading. And it was great beach reading. It has the usual unexpected twist at the end which, ironically, I have come to expect from her. I'm not sure how I feel about the book but it did offer one image that inspired me for another mixed media piece. I guess it was worth the time after all!

I am now about sixty pages into Edeet Ravel's, "Your Sad Eyes and Unforgettable Mouth". Edeet Ravel was born in Israel, now living in Guelph but she must have spent some time in Montreal because that is where this book takes place and only a resident of this fine city would know it's nuances like she seems to. It's always a bit thrilling to read a novel that takes place in your own city, isn't it? I did like her, "Ten Thousand Lovers" and found this one when I was in the library looking for the second book in that trilogy.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Love Jodi Picoult's work. Easy to read but thought-provoking.
And I managed to find "Ten Thousand Lovers" in a used book store!